Seven Pakistani universities have been included in the 2022 QS Subject Rankings, a list of the world’s top universities in various subject areas.
In the field of engineering and technology, Islamabad’s National University of Science and Technology (NUST) leads the pack, while Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad takes the top spot in natural sciences.
Check out how Pakistani universities perform better in each of these categories.
|COMSATS University Islamabad||=351|
Engineering and Technology
|COMSATS University Islamabad||250|
Social Sciences and Management
|COMSATS University Islamabad||451-500|
Life Sciences and Medicines
|Aga Khan University||=349|
Arts and Humanities
Five factors are considered by QS when compiling the World University Subject Rankings. These are the ones I’d like to point out:
- Academic reputation
- Employer reputation
- Research citations per paper
- International Research Network
First, international surveys of academics and employers are used to determine the international reputation of institutions in each subject.
Second, the h-index and research impact are evaluated using the second two indicators. H-index is also used to measure research impact and productivity for those who aren’t aware of it. Using data from Scopus, the world’s most comprehensive research citations database, we calculate these indicators.
SOURCE: NEWS AGENCY
- Inter part 2 results are released by BISE Lahore (Check results here)
- 7 Pakistani Universities Ranked Among World’s Best
- Microsoft awards $10,000 to UET Peshawar students to help them scale up their project
- PMC announces MBBS and BDS National Transfer Policy 2022
- Registration for PhD Scholarships in the United States has been extended by HEC
- BSEK Karachi has announced the Matric Exam Schedule for 2022
- Matric and intermediate exams have been scheduled in Sindh
- List of Colleges in Lahore | Degree Colleges
- A new summer vacation schedule for 2022 has been announced by Punjab
- NUST and QAU are among Asia’s top 100 universities in 2022