The Microsoft Imagine Cup 2022 was won by the University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Peshawar in Pakistan.
The Microsoft Imagine Cup is a global technology competition aimed at bridging the gap between students and industry. The Higher Education Commission (HEC) in collaboration with Microsoft hosted the 2022 edition of the competition, which is also known as the Olympics of Technology.
UET Peshawar’s team ‘Reliance’ won the competition for its project ‘Healthcare 360’ out of over 700 teams from across the country. In addition, Team Reliance placed 9th out of thousands of teams from around the world competing in the competition.
Healthcare 360 is the final year group project of four Computer Systems Engineering students at the university (DCSE). The project’s creators are Raja Ahmed, Syeda Fatima Ashoor, Ashley Alex Jacob, and Affifa Zainab Ahmad.
For taking first place in Pakistan, Team Reliance was awarded a cash prize of Rs. 150,000 as the winning prize. Microsoft provided $10,000 to the Reliance team in order to assist them in launching a startup in order to scale up the project.
Prof. Dr. Iftikhar Hussain, Vice Chancellor of UET Peshawar, praised team Reliance for representing the university and Pakistan on such a prestigious international stage.
- Inter part 2 results are released by BISE Lahore (Check results here)
- The price of RLNG was reduced by 13 percent by the government
- What Sri Lanka didn’t see coming and how Namibia ‘turned the tables’
- Backlash over “malicious fiction” is brought on by Netflix’s “The Crown.”
- For the first time in three years, Japan’s bankruptcy rate increased from April to September