Using WhatsApp for more than just texting and voice calls has made it one of the most widely used messaging apps in the world. Video calls are also available to WhatsApp users.
With a functioning internet connection, you may use WhatsApp‘s video calling feature for free. The nicest part is that video calls may be made on WhatsApp Web.
We’ll walk you through the process of making video calls on WhatsApp in this tutorial.
How to use WhatsApp to make video calls from a mobile device
Using WhatsApp, you may make video calls to individual contacts or groups of friends and family members. Just follow these instructions and you’ll be done in no time.
- Select a contact in WhatsApp and begin a video call.
- Place a video call by clicking the camera icon in the chat window.
During a one-on-one call, there is the opportunity to include additional participants. Here’s how to do it.
- During a WhatsApp video call, click the “Add Participant” button in the upper right corner to add another person.
Add a contact by selecting one and then tapping the Add button.
- You can initiate a group video call in addition to a one-on-one video conversation with contacts you’ve previously added. To do so, simply adhere to the guidelines outlined below.
- Then select a group chat, open it, and log in.
- A video call can be started by clicking on “Camera” on top of the chat window.
When it comes to group voice or video chats, WhatsApp currently enables up to eight participants.
Whatsapp video calls are available on the web version of the service.
The steps below describe how to begin a video call using WhatsApp Web.
- Activate your account on WhatsApp Web by opening the app.
- Select Create Room from the vertical three-dots icon.
- When a pop-up window appears, simply select Continue in Messenger to proceed. This will only work if you have a Facebook account.
- You can now begin a video call by creating a room.
- Sharing the video call link over WhatsApp is all that is needed.
- It’s as simple as opening the chat window of a specific contact or group and clicking on the attachment symbol, followed by the Room option.
Video calls can be made on your mobile phone or computer using this method.